Sunday, September 26, 2010

Random Things We've Been Up To


This summer we've been staying pretty busy. Mostly with work but we were able to fit some fun in at times! I took a couple of short trips back to Utah which was much needed! It's so nice to be able to go back home and see family and friends! Randy unfortunately couldn't get work off to come with me! But for one of the trips I was able to bring a really good girlfriend of mine down with me! I had to introduce her to the wonderful home decor shopping we have available to us down in Utah, especially compared to the very limited and expensive options we have up here in MT. She very much enjoyed the trip (and the Shopping) but being from a small town in MT it was a little overwhelming! She hopes to return soon and enjoyed meeting the fam!

Towards the end of the summer Randy was sent out of town for training for six weeks! Suprisingly being away from him this time around seemed even harder than last time! I was able to drive out and see him about four weeks in so that made it a lot easier! We thankfully won't have to be separated anymore for that long of time, anytime soon, as far as we know! While Randy was gone my Mom and Kelsey drove up and was able to help me with some projects I had been wanting to do around the house!

We gave our front door an update!

Re-did our Main floor Bathroom!

Before

After
I stained the cabinets, painted the mirror white and the room light grey, still haven't updated all the towels but so far I like it much better!

We also finished up our grass in the backyard, for the most part! It was a mess when we first bought our house, only about half the yard had grass and the rest was mud and weeds! This gave us lots of work to do over the summer. We seeded the majority of it on our own and then for the last few strips, bought sod. I am very excited for next summer to actually have grass and be able to enjoy our huge yard! The dogs sure do love it, especially when its muddy, they also love bringing the mud in through their doggy door and tracing it all across the house, that isn't really my favorite part!
Last Spring
This Fall! (The dead stuff is the new sod)

Now that Randy is home they are switching his hours up at work starting the beginning of October and so he has the possibility of working nights or late late hours so onto the exciting news, I have found a new job!! I have been looking probably for the past 3 months and there definitely aren't very many job opportunities in this town! So we are very blessed that I have found a new job right in time. Like I posted earlier I was employed with the Red Cross which made me travel about 90% of the time and being out of town, over night, about 2 weeks out of the month. With Randy's new hours we wouldn't be able to give our dogs the attention they need and would probably have had to be kenneled the nights we were gone, NOT an option! So I finally got a new job with Wells Fargo as a teller. Less money and hours, for now, but much better in the long run! I will be able to be home at night and they give more bonuses and raises than the Red Cross and will hopefully be more flexible with hours if ever needed in the future. So we're pretty excited about it!

Other news, Our little guy Gizmo unfortunately lost his manhood last week. Bella was in heat and he was definitely having a hard time with that before he was neutered! Bella would sit on the back of the couch and Giz would just sit on the floor staring up at her shaking and whining cause he just couldn't get it done! Haha, it was quite the site! So, the bad part is we won't be having puppies! But again probably better in the long run!

Now that we have a house I really wanted to get into decorating for the holidays and making our house feel really homie since we don't have any of our families around to enjoy their houses haha. So on my last trip to Utah I made sure I went to Tai Pan and Hobby Lobby to get a Fall centerpiece put together and I love it!

Since we got our nice camera I wanted to take some pics of Randy's uniform/Dog-tags I guess to remember this time and I love seeing him in this! For some reason when I first saw him after boot camp I totally forgot that he would be issued dog tags! So it was kinda weird seeing him wear these all the time!

I am so proud of all that he goes/has gone through for us to have the things we have and to be able to set up a perfect career path for himself! He puts up with so much at work and is constantly improving in all his training! He has been recognized by his superiors and has been given more duties than others in his group because he does so well. Hopefully this will mean early promotions, but that's still down the road a while! He loves the different things he has been able to do at work, a few things are repelling and shooting, and for the most part seems to love his job!


5 comments:

Angie and Dallas said...

Thank you for updating!!!!! We miss you guys so much but it sounds like you are both keeping quite busy! When are you going to make another trip? And do you have any more news..... regaurding our last phone convorsation???

Stephanie and Randy Petrey said...

Hopefully soon but probably not till Christmas! And unfortunately not hopefully by then too Haha!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Your house looks great! That is a lot of work you have been doing!

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

Glad to hear everything is going well for you guys. Hopefully we'll get to see you on your next visit to Utah.

Crystal Farish said...

I am LOVING all the stuff you've been doing to your house. That door is too cool! You've got the touch girl. Shop on. :)